Thursday 22 January 2009

How Sadhguru reached out to me........


How does Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev manage to reach out to his children? What I experienced was nothing short of miraculous. Here is the tale:

It was in the early months of the year 2005. I was going through a particularly low phase in my life. It was a bad patch and I was physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted and worn out. I knew I needed help but I saw no help coming forth nor did I have any clue where to seek help from. I turned to Shiridi Sai Baba and started reading the Sai Sat Charita. At the end of one week, I had a dream of being with Sai Baba (that night it was as if an electric current passed through my entire body........such was the impact when Sai Baba entered my dream). When I woke up, all I remembered was that Baba had directed me to look for a particular person who would help me.......the image I had of this person from my dream was A MAN WITH A TURBAN and I knew it was a guru. So there I was with this peice of information....... I had to find out a particular guru who wore a turban.
'Guru with turban'....what did I immediately think? Of course, A PUNJABI or SIKH guru! So I searched high and low for the guru I was directed to find. I travelled to bookstores in Mumbai trying to read biographies of Guru Nanak or find something about the other gurus such as Guru Gobind Singh. I asked people for some details about these gurus. I was desperately trying to find a clue that would lead me to the right person. But all my searches were for Punjabi or Sikh gurus!
And then some months later in July 2005, my sister, Sudha, asked me to go for a 2-day program with Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev conducted by Isha Yoga. Sudha was just back from the the Wholeness program with Sadhguru and she had no words to articulate her experience. A good younger sister (!), I always follow Sudha's words.........so off I went and registered for the Inner Engineering program. Mind you........ I had never seen Sadhguru nor had I ever seen a picture of Sadhguru.
I sat in the hall with many other participants, that July 30th morning, and a tall man with a yellow turban, sporting a white beard walked in. 2 mins after I saw him, I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES............ THIS WAS THE GURU OF MY DREAM......THE GURU WITH A TURBAN WHOM I HAD TO SEEK.........
The rest of the story is just Sadhguru's blessing. I was lucky that 15 days later, there was another 7-day Isha Yoga program that I could attend. That August saw the beginning of the end of a long duration of 4 - years of agony that I had gone through. I followed the practices of kriyas and meditation with discipline. They were my life line. Sadhguru reached out and gave me life again.
How did Sadhguru come thus to one who did not even know who he was? My story is probably just one example of how much he takes care of his children.

7 comments:

  1. There are no words to describe his compassion. He has touched me in so many different dimensions, and he has been there in mysterious ways to help me when I needed him most. His Grace is simply amazing. I feel truly blessed that in this lifetime, my Guru has found me. -- Sudha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kala, Thanks for your sharing! I have linked to your post here: http://ishas.blogspot.com/2009/01/guru-with-turban.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not knowing him
    seeing him for the first time
    The association and dissolution of an agonizing search
    Sadhguru used to say - if the longing is deep enough, the Guru always happens.
    I can see that your post is proof of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he truly is amazing... love your sharing... pranams to Suddha the little sister!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is yet another proof of his hauting statement " I am with you in more ways than you know"

    ReplyDelete
  6. The search for a guru is more painful than the search for a beloved.
    May the grace of Sadhguru touch our lives and take us towards unlimited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank Ssdhguru for saving me from my own ego and self imposed limittations. Also, I was moved to tears by his grace.

    ReplyDelete